Feel good on and when you get off the plane with these home made goodies and tips.
Staying healthy whilst travelling is hard... well kind of... okay nah, it really isn't that hard. If you are committed to staying healthy, then I believe you will go that extra effort to practice healthy habits. So this is what I do for my surfing adventures and travels around the globe.
Some Ideas for you
make it a dry mix and buy a coconut water on the other side of customs!
I make my own all the time, so I decided to make it easier for me and make it in bulk! This is my own recipe designed granola that I love! But, don't be deterred, it's easy to make your own, view my recipe here or buy it online here. Good little snack if you ask me!
I used this all the time! Uni, work, training, travel, planes. Its full of nutrients, easy for travel, all you have to do is 2 tbsp of this baby with some sea salt and pepper in a little mix. I pack in usually in the jar as you can see below. It's already pre mixed with broth, cumin, sea salt and pepper. I take my own salt and pepper mix every where in that little plastic container in the picture below.
You can purchase these by clicking on the image below if you like!
Its just so much nicer drinking tea, ginger, peppermint and mint are my favourite. Whats yours?
Pesto roast veggies… so easy, super clean and simple enough to bake them the night before you leave. Let cool before you put them in a container.
- My veggies usually involve broccoli, red capsicum, zucchini, sweet potato, beet, garlic (make sure its completely cooked, no on wants to smell raw garlic on the plane!)
- Twig of rosemary leaves, salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Large oven tray line with baking paper
- Roughly chop the veggies into 2cm (ish) cubes
- mix root vegetables in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper, rosemary leaves (cumin is you are a fan).
- Mix rest of the veggies in seperate bowls with olive oil, salt and pepper, rosemary leaves (cumin is you are a fan).
- Cook the root veggies first (sweet potato and beetroot) for 25 min.
- Chuck in the rest of the veggies and cook for another 20 min. Check for tender root vegetables to see if they are ready. If not, bake until done and soft.
Deliciously Ella also has an awesome recipe here and seen in the picture below.
TREAT YOUR SELF
I encourage a yummy treat. Make it good quality, make it something you KNOW you will not bloat off, or feel crappy off! My go to is actually Pana chocolate. They are a perfect little size, not too much if you don't have any self control, and they are absolutely delicious! Tastes even better with my peppermint tea, in my frankgreen cup and and the choccy on the side - nom nom. My favourite is goji coconut, whats yours?!
Seriously though, don't eat the plane food
Well hello and welcome to my blog. I'm currently travelling the globe, surfing, eating, cooking and learning whilst juggling the study of a B.Sc in Nutritional Medicine.
How I started my degree, click below for more details