Vegan Lemon Butter
I have discovered that I have an intolerance to eggs (sad face), so I'm usually on the hunt to for eggless recipes involving breakfast. Even though this recipe isn't a full meal, it definitely compliments porridge, pancakes, muffins, smoothies, granola or a good piece of toast if that's your thing.
This recipe is adapted from the ever so incredible Dana, The Minimalist Baker. I would recommend visiting her website and checking out her recipes. I added turmeric to give it more colour and extra lemon zest.
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 or more Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (more for sweeter)
- 1/4 tsp organic turmeric
- Place coconut cream and lemon zest into thermomix using the butterfly tool (don't go above speed 4), whisk to combine for 15 seconds.
- Add lemon juice and arrowroot starch to a small mixing bowl and whisk to thoroughly dissolve. Then add it to the thermomix with the coconut cream and zest. Mix on speed 3 for 10 seconds or until combined)
- Lastly, add maple syrup and whisk with the butterfly) again for 10 seconds, speed 2/3)
- Once combined, heat to 90 degrees, speed 2 (with butterfly) for a couple of minutes. This time will depend on how cold it is where you are and your condiments, so keep an eye on it.
- Once it reaches a low boil of 90degrees, keep whisking in the thermomix on speed 2 for about 5 minutes until it starts to thicken and become curd-like.
- You can eat it hot with a raw dessert or wait for it to cool for 15 minutes to then transfer to a jar. Will keep in the refrigerator 7-10 days.
If you would like the non thermomix version, head on over to Dana's recipe method