Delicious seedy loaf that you can enjoy savoury or sweet on. I love this loaf, its got all the taste with out the hard work. Its adapted by Teresa Cutter, the healthy chef and an inspiration. Enjoy this flourless, paleo, vegan and keto friendly bread.
Quinoa and Chia Bread
1 3/4 cups of white quinoa
1/4 chia seed
1/2 cup water (not for the chia seeds)
1/4 cup olive or coconut oil
1/4 cup aquafaba (chickpea brine)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp seaweed salt
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Pre-heat oven, 160 degrees
- Soak quinoa overnight in water
- soak chia seeds in 1/2 cup of water
- drain quinoa, place all ingredients into thermomix
- mix on speed 5 for 3 min
- the mixture should look like a batter consistency with still little bits of whole quinoa
- line bread tin with baking, pour in and sprinkle with sesame and sunflower seeds, dust with cumin.
- bake for 1 hr and 30 min
Recipe adapted from Teresa Cutter - The Healthy Chef who is absolutely amazing! I added some spices and brine to give it a bit more fluff, and kick. Add a bit of chilli powder if you dare!