ginger bread men and women
My decorations aren't the best but they seriously are a winner for taste! Add some butter and you wont be able to resist!
- 100g dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated organic ginger
- ½ cup organic coconut flour
- 2½ cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons organic brown rice syrup (maple or honey)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A solid pinch of cardamom
- A solid pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 100 degrees celcius
- Blitz your dates in a mixer, or blended till chopped, then add everything but the almond meal to a food processor and blitz till a paste forms.
- Add the almond meal until combined to form a dough like consistency.
- Roll dough out between 2 sheets of baking paper, I used a rolling pin to help me. About 1/2 cm thick
- Cut little shapes out or use cookie cutters!
- Use goji berries, seeds or sultanas as decoration and buttons.
- 2 1/2 hrs in the oven on 100 degrees fan forced. let cool and enjoy with a slab of butter if you dare, you will be hooked!