Gluten free, dairy free, vegan and full of the best fibre and fats! So good with some smashed avocado. You will find that a lot of gluten free breads have rice flour, tapioca starch, gums and stabilisers still. These raise your blood glucose levels to the point of it being just as bad than the regular ones! So, my point...make your own. This is adapted from Teresa Cutter - The Healthy Chef!
1 3/4 cups of white quinoa
1/4 chia seed
1/2 cup water (not for the chia seeds)
1/4 cup olive or coconut oil
1/4 cup aquafabla (chickpea brine)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cumun
1/2 tsp ground corriander
1/2 tsp seaweed salt
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- pre heat oven, 160 degrees
- Soak quinoa over night in water
- soak chia seeds in 1/2 cup of water
- drain quinoa, place all ingredients into thermomix
- mix on speed 5 for 3 min
- the mixture should look like a batter consistency with still little bits of whole quinoa
- line bread tin with baking, pour in and sprinkle with sesamae and sunflower seads, dust with cumin.
- bake for 1 hr and 30 min
Recipe adapted from Teresa Cutter - The Healthy Chef who is absolutely amazing! I added some spices and brine to give it a bit more fluff, and kick. Add a bit of chilli powder if you dare!